We've all heard the phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" but if we actually realize what this says, we find how untrue it is. Words hurt. We've all been hurt by words and sometimes the words we say can hurt other people.
This week, we are going to talk about words, words that lift us up and words that break us down. We will use some passages from the book of Proverbs to help us with taming our tongue and allowing positive words to fuel us.
The challenge for the week will be for students to pay attention to the words they are using and the words being said to them which will allow us to figure out how to respond.
Small Group Questions:
1. What words have been said to you that have hurt?
2. What words have you said to others that have hurt?
3. What words that you say that fill others up? What words are said to you that fill you up?
4. What are some of the things that Proverbs says about how our words affect others?
5. What is one way this week that you can use words in a positive way? What is one way that you can keep from using words that hurt?
This was our last week in the Anthem room before they tear it down. We performed a funeral for our blessed room and we wanted to share our experience with you!